Monday, January 13, 2014

Do you have to have a specific USB wireless stick for a Sony Blu Ray player?

blu ray player sony
 on Sony BDP-S185 Internet-ready Blu-ray player at Crutchfield.com
blu ray player sony image



Nightmaree


So my dad just bought a new Blu Ray Player the Sony BDP-S380. But we read he needs to buy a UWA-BR100 USB wireless adapter but there $80 up to $100 which I think is crazy seeming we just bought it for $250 Do you have use that specific stick or can I use another one?


Answer
Yep, he should have purchased a Wi-Fi equipped player. You'll have to use Sony's adapter. The price difference between your player and the next Sony model(BDP-S580) that's Wi-FI equipped is $50. Price difference based from newegg.com

How to connect my Sony Blu-Ray player to the internet?




Amanda S


I want to hook my Sony Blu-Ray player up to the internet so I can watch Netflix on my TV. I have looked up how to do that, but all of the videos and websites say to choose the option of a built-in wireless connection. When I go into the Network Settings and click on Internet Settings, the only connection option that comes up in wired. How can I fix this and set up a wireless connection?


Answer
If your Blu-Ray player doesn't have onboard wireless capability, you must go with the wired. Netflix won't mind.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do you have to have a specific USB wireless stick for a Sony Blu Ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment