Friday, January 17, 2014

How can I share my laptop's (Windows 7) WiFi internet to my Ethernet Blu-ray player?

blu ray player xp
 on Mac Blu-ray Player 2.5.0 Build 0959 + Portable � 7reliz ...
blu ray player xp image



brian123


I have a Samsung Blu-ray which can be connected to the internet through an Ethernet cable. The problem is that my router is very far away from it and I wanted to know if there is a way to share my WiFi connection through my computer's ethernet jack. I have tried ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) but couldn't connect to the internet, only to Local Network.


Answer
You can configure Internet sharing on the laptop.

For XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314066

For Win 7 / Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Using-ICS-Internet-Connection-Sharing

There are better solutions:

You can use wireless Ethernet adapters. http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=excharge-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=wireless%20ethernet%20adapter&url=search-alias%3Daps&sprefix=wireless%20ether%2Caps%2C606 Wireless Ethernet adapters pick up the wireless signal and have a Ethernet jack to connect to your device.

You can also use powerline network adapters You plug one in by the router and one in the room where you need access and connect them to the devices with standard Ethernet patch cables. http://isp1.us/reviews/netgear-xavb2101-powerline-adapter/

The network signals are transmitted over your existing electrical wiring which will not be affected by wireless interference.

Good Luck...

How to watch digital movie copies on your PC?




Anthony


I recently bought some blu-ray's with digital copies, but for some reason I cannot watch them on my Windows Vista, I've tried to download the codecs or the files necessary to view the movie on windows media but it doesn't let me download them. It reads, error cannot download, not connected to internet. But the thing is that I am connected to the internet. Can anyone help me out?..


Answer
I had that problem on xp also, the only program I found that did play it with no issues was Windows Media player.

As I don't use Vista, I don't know if you can use that program but if you go to the microsoft site you can download it free and find out if Vista is capable of running it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I share my laptop's (Windows 7) WiFi internet to my Ethernet Blu-ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment