Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I bought the 40GB PS3 and whats up with the wifi?

blu ray player with internet browser
 on Internet browser
blu ray player with internet browser image



Shea


I recently purchased a Sony PS3. I went with the 40GB version because I already have a PS2 and rarely play it. I bought the system mainly for the Blu-Ray player but I thought it would be cool to surf the internet and chat with other players.

I haven't messed around with the system much so forgive a possible stupid question but how in the heck do I get on the net? Do I need an ethernet cord? Helppppppppppp!



Answer
For wifi you need a wireless router. For ethernet you connect it to your router.

Goto settings

Goto network settings

Goto network connection, select enable

Goto Internet connection settings just below internet connection-

Push yes when it says you may be disconnected

Select wired or wireless

For wireless use scan or enter manually-
You may have to reset the router (unplug it and replug it in to get the router to recognise the ps3.)

Follow on screen instructions.

Once that is set up return to main menu and go to network near the right

Then once in the internet browser press triangle and goto file and enter the internet address you would like visit.

To connect using a laptop. Just run the ethernet to the laptop and run network saetup on the laptop to get the laptop to allow the ps3 to share the internet connection.

how do i use internet on blu ray?




Sally


i wanted to watch whose line is it anyway on my T.V so i got onto the official website on my blu ray player. when i got onto it i can't press anything on there. i click buttons on my remote but nothing seems to happen.


Answer
I am not aware of any BluRay player that includes a web browser, let alone a browser that supports flash/html5/silverlight/etc.

Your PC browser gets updated every few days or weeks to remain compatible. BluRay players are NOT PC's.

Go to the website on your PC and watch that way.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I bought the 40GB PS3 and whats up with the wifi?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment