Saturday, March 8, 2014

How does the internet browsing work on blu ray players?




Adam B


I was thinking about getting a new PC for my bedroom, mostly for just web browsing and playing DVDs, but then I thought about the blu ray players that connect to the internet. So my main question is, do these players allow me to browse the internet like I would on a PC, or do you only get access to sites like Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc? Also, if you can do general internet browsing, how does it work without a keyboard and a mouse? I'd assume the remote but just thought I'd ask that as well. Thanks
Also, if blu ray players do not allow for internet browsing, what would be my other options? I know there's Google TV, but I was only looking to spend around $100.



Answer
No, you can't browse the internet with blu-rays. Some come with apps to browse sites like the ones you mentioned like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Youtube, etc.

Should I Get A Blu-Ray Player?




Nathaniel


I've been wanting a blu-ray player for awhile but I'm really wanting to get the transformers signature edition (which I'm pretty sure is only blu-ray). Is a blu-ray player really worth it or should I just get the regular collectors edition? Also is the signature edition the same as just haven all 3 transformers speicial edition? Thanks for the help!!
ADD ON: I already have a 360 and A LOT of games (around 20) and I really don't want to get rid of it.



Answer
Well DVD's contain 70 year old standard def video so a BluRay player with a BluRay disk is a MAJOR improvement in video quality.

People have predicted that 'streaming' will replace disk-based use in the future so spending a bit more on a BluRay player that includes Netflix, Hulu, . streaming services might be a good investment.

Try www.bestbluraydeals.com for good prices from Amazon vendors.

"Anyone who says that PS3 is the best choice for a blu ray player is an idiot."

Lance - with respect the PS3 used to be the Gold Standard of BluRay players. There are several reasons for this:

* BluRay disks are really software programs written in BD-Java and processing the video takes some CPU horsepower. With the 3 cell-processors in the PS3 it has a massive engine to use which is why for several years it was one of the best BluRay players available.

* BluRay is backed by Sony and they make it a high-priority to keep the PS3 updated with all the latest firmware to fix problems. They have a major investment in the format so the PS3 firmware fix's and updates are fast and well-tested before they hit the consumer.

(Do not get me wrong - I am not a Sony Fan-Boy and I do not own a PS3. But I do have to respect the hardware.)

We are now in about the 4th generation of chipsets used in BluRay players and for HDMI connections so a $99 name-brand BluRay player can now rival the image quality of the PS3. You no longer have to spend $299 (or $499 for the Oppo player) to get a great HD image from this format.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How does the internet browsing work on blu ray players?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment