Saturday, March 8, 2014

What is the best ethernet cable to connect my blu ray player to my wireless router?




Shauna


...
Thanks



Answer
If your blue-ray is 100mbps catedory 5e is sufficent, if its gigabit the category 6a.

how do I hook up a blue ray player to nexflit?




hntraut


I have a blue ray player. It does not have wireless wifi. ( but I guess I could get a toggle wifi and hook it ) BUT I have DSL and a G-router. I hear that G-routers are not good for netflix. I heard I should get an N-router with a N wifi toggle. I can;t run cables........so I have to do it wireless. CAN YOU HELP ME..........PLEASE???


Answer
The most cost effective way is to get an ethernet power-line adapter. They use the wiring in your wall to send the signal. The cost of the adapters is the same as what the wireless dongle for the blu-ray player would be.
Simple hook-up. Plug one of the adapters in the wall by your blu-ray and run an ethernet cable from blu-ray player into adapter. Next, plug in the other adapter by your router and run an ethernet cable from adapter to your router. With this option you would not need to get a new router.

If you get a new router; get a gigabit router (substantially faster speeds when hard-wired)

I hope this helps

FYI - dont plug adapters into surge protectors - they wont work correctly




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best ethernet cable to connect my blu ray player to my wireless router?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment