Sunday, March 2, 2014

Is there something deficient about the blu ray player on the PS3?




Iceberg22


It just seems too good to be true.

So you can purchase a PS3 with a blu ray player for 400. Yet, to buy a blu ray player individually, you would have to pay 400-600.

Is the blu ray player on the PS3 deficient?



Answer
To my knowledge, there are no issues with the Blu-ray disc player on the PS3. In fact, the PS3 has generally been acclaimed as a very decent Blu-ray player, and great for value.

Sony has been using the PS3 as a platform to promote the Blu-ray disc as next-gen format. As a result, until this year, Sony actually was performing at a loss/break-even in terms of profit for the PS3 division (as a result of the 'low' pricing). Supposedly they have started entering the profit band now since manufacturing costs have come down (cheaper Blu-ray & cell production, no more emotion chip needed, etc.).

Certainly, the PS3 is not a dedicated Blu-ray player, so some of the specialized players you buy may offer some customization and adjustments you can't find on the PS3. But in terms of playback, there should be absolutely no issues with the PS3.

The PS3 is being promoted as not just a gaming system, but as a full-fledged home media entertainment system. Because of this, in addition to Blu-ray, the PS3 includes capabilities to play DVDs, CDs, SACDs, and various PC media formats like mp3s, avis, mpgs as if it were an HTPC, so you should expect it will play Blu-rays as well as any other player.

Should I get a dedicated Blu-Ray player or is PS3 good enough?




ravenpoe78


I don't play a whole lot of games or play a lot of movies so I wondered if my PS3 is fine for both gaming and movies (dvd and blu-ray) I have a 1080p 120hz HDTV and using hdmi cables on my ps3.
Was trying to research a little but a lot of the stuff I read had to do with 3D or was just a few yrs old and mentioned something about deterioration of lens or system playing too many movies
Thanks. Ive had the PS3 for a couple yrs now but just got a new tv. I got a remote for the ps when I was streaming Netflix so now I can get more use out of my investment.
I just wasnt sure if playing movies too much does something to it. A few of the comments I read mentioned "Best Buy guy said..." so wasnt sure if it was just a sales ploy or if I really should get a dedicated blu-ray Its nice to get rid of some unnecessary electronics



Answer
Sony was the original company to make the Blu-Ray. They have always taken pride in their video game systems and are trying to make them a full at home entertainment experience so they have not added a Blu-Ray player as a side feature. It is one the most advertised things about the PS3 aside from playing games. The PS3 lens may deteriorate over time, but no more than any other Blu-Ray player. The PS3 isn't the cheapest Blu-Ray player out there but it is one of the best. I wouldn't spend money on another Blu-Ray player.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there something deficient about the blu ray player on the PS3?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment