Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Issues with Sony Blu Ray and a Grainy Picture. ?




Mike


Hello

i have a Sony Bravia 46 IN LCD XBR with a Sony S350 Blu-ray and I have noticed that on Most of my Blu-ray movies that there is some scenes witha "Grainy" picture. This is very noticable but then disappears when it cuts to a different scene. I have my blu-connected by a Phillips HDMI cable then a monster cable connects the blue ray and suround sound to my TV via a Monster cable. Woul this issue be with the player, cables or is this a issue that occurs with all Blu ray movies.

Thank You for the help.



Answer
The grainy picture is there because some parts of movies are still being recorded on film and then they are up-scaled to a more Blu Ray like picture. When the picture isn't grainy then it is digitally recorded. I still wonder why they don't just record it all digitally.

Blu-Ray picture comes out grainy?




Anees


so I purchased the Harry Potter Bly ray box set and when I put it into my player the picture comes out a bit grainy I'm using a hdmi connection


Answer
All of the harry potter movies if my memory serves me were shot on 35mm film. Most major motion pictures are still shot on film. While it has resolution or detail far beyond consumer 1080p TVs, it can look very grainy or noisy in low light, and since most HP movies are kind of 'dark' that's probably what's going on.

one last thing, get into the video settings. Using a 'sharpness' setting that's too high can make this worse. If the grain really bothers you, there are usually settings to reduce noise, and sometimes using the mpeg NR will help. Edge enhancement can also make this worse.

It has nothing to do with your HDMI cable, the player or the disc. You will notice that other blu ray movies will be crystal clear with no noise or grain.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Issues with Sony Blu Ray and a Grainy Picture. ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment