Tuesday, December 17, 2013

How can I hook up an HDMI only Blu Ray player to an old component only Sony Wega TV?

blu ray player old tv
 on ... 50 Live in Concert - Music - TV Shows On Blu-Ray - WOW Sight & Sound
blu ray player old tv image



eplaya42


I just purchased a Samsung BD-E5400 for my parents. Turns out, they only have an old flat screen, first gen Sony Wega that is HD compatible, but only has the red, white, and yellow outputs. The only output jacks that exist on the Blu Ray player are a USB and HDMI output. Is there a converter I could possibly use?


Answer
Yes, HDMI to RCA converter
http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Universal-Composite-Converter-Standard/dp/B0080KN18K/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376238055&sr=1-4&keywords=hdmi+to+rca

How do I hook my new blu-ray player to my audio receiver?




Jackie Dil


I just bought a Samsung BD-E5400 blu-ray player. I brought it home to hook up to my audio system and TV, when I realized that the player only has an HDMi cable output, and no av outputs (those are the red, white, and yellow output cords). Now, my TV has an HDMI input, so no problems there, but my audio receiver is quite old and does not have those inputs. What I'd like to know is if there is a way I can still hook the blu-ray player up to my audio receiver without having to take the blu-ray player back, which would be a real bummer.


Answer
I have a Toshiba bluray player hooked up to my Samsung 32" LCD TV with HDMI and I'm using the optic audio out from the back of the TV into optic audio in on my 150 watt receiver.Most amp receivers after 2005 should have optic audio. I'm using two huge Merantz speakers from the late 70s. They weigh 55 pounds each. I don't play it loud enough to disturb my neighbors but it's nice to know I can if I want to.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I hook up an HDMI only Blu Ray player to an old component only Sony Wega TV?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment