Sunday, December 15, 2013

Why do dvds look so bad on my lcd hdtv?

blu ray player zoom
 on Sony BDPS790 Blu Ray Player | SHOPRITE
blu ray player zoom image



HumanDrumB


I have a lcd hdtv and a blu-ray player connect with a HDMI cable. BD look great, but when I play dvds the picture looks really bad. It looks worse then if I were to watch dvds on my old non hdtv. Is there anything I can do to get a better picture? Any adjustments?


Answer
It depends on the BD player might not have up-conversion so its just stretching the pixels out. Its like zooming in with no enhancements. If it has up-converting it might not be turned on.

Why does my Sony bluray player zoom in?




Alejandro


I got this player today and I don't like it because it zooms in. I like the widescreen bars because I get more of the film and this player zooms in and cuts out the sides. Is there any way to zoom out?


Answer
Yes. That is actually a setting on your television. The aspect ratio on your blu ray is giving you true 1080p HD, but your setting on your television are not matching it. Change the "Picture" settings on the TV and you will be fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why do dvds look so bad on my lcd hdtv?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment