Monday, July 8, 2013

Can I connect a Blu-ray player to the internet thru my broadband card?

blu ray player information
 on Annaei Senecae Rhetoris Opera (French Edition): Marco Anneo Seneca ...
blu ray player information image



big D


Question 1- Is it possible to connect a blu-ray player to my laptop and broadband WiFi internet card, in order to collect the updates and needed information to keep the player up to date?

Question 2- Is it possible to 'trick' the blu-ray player into thinking it has an internet connection by plugging my broadband card into the usb slot on the player, IF the player has built in WiFi ability?



Answer
The capabilties of a player relate directly to the abilities of the hardware and firmware. Even if the hardware supported a connection you would have to reverse engineer and change the firmware.

Most external connections on a player are to update this said firmware. Be it Serial, USB or Firewire etc.

What do i need to get to have wireless internet on my sony blu ray player.?




Diego


hi i just purchased a sony blu-ray player and it seems to have internet access but not wireless so i was wondering if there is something i can purchase to make it wireless. like a usb type of antenna or something....i don't know much about this stuff. please help me out with some information. type of product and where i can get it. its a sony blu-ray player, model number BDP-S185. thanks


Answer
I am using it with Ethernet cable, don't know if it works with wi-fi.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I connect a Blu-ray player to the internet thru my broadband card?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment