Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Why cant my Blu Ray player get a signal from my router?

blu ray player no signal
 on Kenwood KR6030 (1978 Home Receiver) - Audio/Video Component Archive ...
blu ray player no signal image



galaxychic


I have a Samsung Blu-Ray player that is hooked up to Linksys Cisco Gaming adapter. I have this problem often where the Adapter(Living Room) will not pick up signal from my Linksys Router(Bedroom). Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. So I am unable to watch Netflix. Are these two not compatible? Do I need a specific router/ adapter? Someone please help!


Answer
No if it sometimes works then what you probably need to do is get your wireless adapter up higher. If it is stuffed in the back of your player the signal is most likely being blocked. So you need to somehow get it extended.

Time to do some measurements and research:
Does it use a standard RJ45 plug ( Ethernet plug ) if so get a Ethernet coupler at RadioShack and a few extra feet of Ethernet cable and some Velcro.

If the wireless adapter uses USB, then get a USB extension cable and some Velcro.

Stick the wireless adapter up high out of the cabinet you might have it in.

Rule of thumb: Higher is always better when it comes to antennas.

Personally.... I would just run a long Ethernet cable from your router to your DVD player. But that's me. Pure signal no chance for error.

How can i get my Blu-ray player to play at 240 hz?




yruonme213


I just recently bought a a Sony Blu-ray player. I have already had a samsung 240 hz tv. When i play a movie such as 300 on the blu-ray player, it only says that it's on 24hz. I'd like to be able to play it at a full 240 hz. Or does it not matter what the input signal says and its just the tv? Thanks in advance.


Answer
240 Hz is mostly fiction. LCD screens do it because LCD's struggle to switch fast enough for action movies. It is a way of telling the consumer that this TV plays action movies really well. The only thing that does 240 Hz is the TV itself. Movies, on the other hand, are filmed at 24 Hz. The only way to get them to run at 240 Hz is to use interpolation to artificially generate 9 non existent frames between each real one. It is NOT worth doing so thy don't.

Not only is there no material that runs at 240 Hz, there is no material at 120 Hz. As for 1080p 60Hz, while possible, I do not know of anything that does. Programs on your TV are broadcast at 1080i or 60 half frames. This resolution is no worse then anything else as your LCD panel MUST capture both halves of the frame, then integrate them before displaying. So, while your signal is 1080i, the TV MUST make it 1080p for display. That is, it takes 60 half frames and makes 30 full frames out of it. This is true for both Plasma and LCD. In some ways, it is better then your Blu-ray movies in that it has 6 more frames per second. However, Cable and Satellite both compress the crap out of the signal, far more then Blu-ray movies.

The really short answer is, don't worry about it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why cant my Blu Ray player get a signal from my router?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment