Monday, September 30, 2013

I'm thinking about buying a Sony surround sound, any suggestions?

blu ray player 7.1 surround sound
 on bdv e4100 blu ray player 5 1 ch surround sound 7 1 ch virtual high ...
blu ray player 7.1 surround sound image



Avatar


I just bought a 46'' Sony Bravia and now I'm thinking of buying a surround sound. I don't know anything about surround sound systems and I need a suggestion on what is best to get. Ok first, I need a short explainaton between 5.1 and 7.1 surround sounds, is there a difference? This is my first time buying a surround sound too, and can you also please post a link to a store so that I can see which Sony surround sound you suggested. Thanks. Oh, and I might also get a Blu-ray player in the future so is there a surround sound with a Blu-ray player set right now or coming in the future?
Wait, Sony doesn't know how to make a good surround sounds. But I rea d all those reviews from the customers at Circuit City and all. There wer some good looking ones, I was hopeing to make everything in my home theater from the same brand lol. So, no Sony?
Wait, Sony doesn't know how to make a good surround sounds. But I read all those reviews from the customers at Circuit City and all. There wer some good looking ones, I was hopeing to make everything in my home theater from the same brand lol. So, no Sony?
Wait, Sony doesn't know how to make a good surround sounds. But I read all those reviews from the customers at Circuit City and all. There were some good looking ones, I was hoping to make everything in my home theater from the same brand lol. So, no Sony?
Wait, Sony doesn't know how to make a good surround sounds. But I read all those reviews from the customers at Circuit City and all. There were some good looking ones, I was hoping to make everything in my home theater from the same brand lol. So, no Sony?



Answer
Well hello, and congrats on your Sony purchase(awsome tv).
Your decision to go with a sony surround sound system is probably a mistake. Cause for the same price or a little more you can get a higher quality Onkyo surround sound system (home-theater-in-a-box) from Circuit City and they kick but, meaning they sound really good and are very versatile. You get alot for your money. For higher quality. Onkyo is a better user freindly system for the home user. The receiver has a very very clean sound wich makes the speakers sound better then Bose.
Ok first thing first is heres a link for visual aid on how a 5.1 & 7.1 surround sound setup for speakers looks like.(link at bottom)
5.1 consists of 5 speakers & 1 subwoofer( the 1 in the .1 is always the subwoofer[it can be .2 also])
front left, front right, center(witch is placed either right above the center of the TV screen or right below the center of theTV screen within a foot or two) then thers a surround left(rear left) & a surround right(rear right)
All these speaker positions are in accordance with your seat(sweat spot) location while you are facing the TV. So a surround left speaker(you sitting in your seat watching TV) will be to the left and a little behind you. so on and so forth with all the other speakers.
7.1 is the same as above but you add 2 speakers.
left surround back(rear surround) Right surround back(rear surround)
a left surround back speaker(you sitting in your seat watching TV) is placed directly behind you and a little to the left. Hence left surround back. The other speaker is the opposite witch will put it directly behind and the right of your seating area.

this link is for visual aid only
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Product%2520Reviews/Pics/7.1%2520Sound%2520system.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Audio/surround_sound2.shtml&h=250&w=225&sz=4&hl=en&start=39&um=1&tbnid=15y52BvmCJl-OM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsurround%2Bsound%2Bsetup%2Bpics%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

5.1 onkyo
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo-5-1-Channel-Home-Theater-System-HT-SR600/sem/rpsm/oid/179767/catOid/-12954/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

7.1 onkyo
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo-7-1-Channel-Home-Theater-System-HT-SR800/sem/rpsm/oid/177422/catOid/-12954/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

What home theater systems should I look at?




solvo


I'm starting to look at my own home theater system for my room because I want surround sound. I don't know what I should look at though. I want a 4.1 or 5.1....And I just want the speakers/subwoofer, no DVD or Blu-ray player with it. What I don't understand is whether I need floor speakers or just the smaller ones for my room. And where do you position the 4 or 5 speakers if they are all small ones?

Please help, I'm very new to this.



Answer
Well, what size is your room?
If it is small - medium, then floor standers may be too much...although, they do relieve the need of a subwoofer to some extent unless you want room-shaking-bass.
Many bookshelf speakers these days are sufficient - and able to fill even a large room full of sound- you do need a sub to assist.

Usually, receivers power 5- 7 satellites... This includes a centre channel- which usually handles most of the vocals. All DVD or bluray movies are recorded in Dolby digital or dts: 5.1 or 7.1 formats... Which means that your 4.1 system option is incompatible and would have to do a conversion for it to work.
This is why 5.1 / 7.1 systems are more abundant vs. 4.1 (which I've only seen in computer gaming systems).

As far as positioning...
Any 5.1 or 7.1 system that is sold would give placement instructions... And some supply also an auto-calibration mic and module.

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm thinking about buying a Sony surround sound, any suggestions?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment