Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How do i get my USB hdd to work with my blu ray player?

blu ray player instructions
 on Denon DVD1800BD - Blu-Ray Disc Player Manual
blu ray player instructions image



coreyt0304


I just got a philips blu ray player. Came with wifi, netflix, etc and also with a usb port. I want to watch my movies I have on my tb seagate hdd on my tv with the blu ray player but when I connect it its almost like its not spinning fast enough because the blu ray player isn't picking it up. What do i do?


Answer
Does the instructions say it supports a USB hard drive?

Most blue-ray players have USB ports for 2 reasons:

* So you can up-load newer versions of the firmware
* So the player can 'save' your setpoints or D/L content available on "Enhanced" BluRay disks

You really want a "Media Server" like the Roku box or Western Digital TV HD box or some such (there are lots of these units out there). These will play computer files from your flash drive or USB hard drive.

Just because a device has a USB port - dont assume you can plug any USB device into it.

How do I activate the "resume play" feature on my PS3 blu ray player?




Mr Average


I can't get my Play Station 3 blu ray player to resume playing at the point I last left off after turning the machine off.

Always starts at the beginning when I try to play the disk!

How do I do this? I know it can be done but I can't seem to be able to do it.

Please I need step by step instructions as I've tried just about everything.

Thanks



Answer
When you want to stop the movie press circle and exit out then shut off the ps3, dont just shut off the ps3 while watching the movie and it should be fine I think. I know that blu rays were struggling to remember where they ended themselves at but other movies like normal dvds or videos you have on your hd always remember.
Do you have the most recent version of the firmware on the ps3. v2.70. I think anytime after firmware v2.21 it is suppose to have the playback feature. I.E. Connect it to internet and go to settings...system update and it will tell you what version you have and if it needs updated. If its already the latest version i believe when you press triangle during the movie and press the red square it should bookmark it i believe. I read that last part on a blu ray thread. I hope this helped you out i dont watch to many blu rays on my ps3.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do i get my USB hdd to work with my blu ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment