Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What do I need to consider when buying a blu-ray dvd player?

blu ray player prices walmart
 on LG BP125 Blu-ray Player/HDMI Cable Bundle - walmart.com
blu ray player prices walmart image



Jim N


I am thinking about upgrading my dvd player to a blu-ray as I have purchased a 1080P HDTV. Sony has a unit for $369.00 (Walmart) is this a good price or is it too basic? Help!!!


Answer
It really depends on how you plan to use it. Bluray devices will:

Play disks
Record blank disks with video, audio, pictures or data
Connect to Internet for additional content/features
Play high resolution games, locally or on the Internet

If you just want to watch movies, the Sony you've looked at is a fine choice.

If you want to play games, PlayStation 3!

If you want to log onto additional movie content from the Internet, you will need a machine with an ethernet connection, and you will have to connect to your home network with a cable or a wireless bridge

If you want to record blank disks, I'd recommend getting a Bluray burner installed in a computer. You can use an existing (newer powerful) computer or buy a dedicated one for your HDTV.

How can I view movies (Netflix) from my computer, connecting it to my plasma tv?




curious an


I bought a Sony blu-ray player. Could I connect a cable from my computer to my
Sony Bravia tv to view movies from my computer? What connections must be made and what type of cable do I need?



Answer
Okay...There is a such thing as an HD MI cable. It works great! But PLEASE do not waste your money. I went to walmart and the prices reached about $120.00. The next day, I went to five below (the discount store) and found it there for $5.00! THE SAME ONE! With the HDMI cable, you hook one end of it up to the tv and the other to your computer. Hope I helped :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do I need to consider when buying a blu-ray dvd player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment