Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Advice for buying a Blu-Ray player?




Kismet


I'm planning on buying a Blu-ray player but am confused as to what to look for. I've looked at a couple on Amazon and Walmart but would like to know what I should be looking for in a Blu-ray player.


Answer
These days its more about features than anything else. What do you want it to be able to do? Some for example can connect to the internet via wi-fi. This can be really handy if you don't have an easy way to get a wire from the player to your router. Having it connected to the internet is nice because then you can stream movies, connect with an netflix account etc. Make sure it is wi-fi built in, many of them say wi-fi but look closely, it may just say wi-fi ready. Make sure it is built in.

If you are interested in any particular formats make sure it includes everything you want. For example I have CD's compressed with FLAC, I like playing SACD's etc. If you have an interest in any particular format like this just make sure the player you get supports it.

Other than the above, there doesn't seem to be much difference in the cheap ones. If you want to spend more money you could get the Oppo for about $500 and get better quality but if you are shopping in the below $200 market I would say anything that has the features you want will work fine.

mk

do i need to buy a blu ray player?




Anthony


ok I got a laptop http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-L675D-S7015/14335614 and I just bought a new tv at walmart.com http://www.walmart.com/ip/LD4068/15522301 my question is since my laptop can play blu ray discs and my tv is a 1080p output could i just connect my laptop to my tv and get the same quality as a bluray player? thanks :)
I dont have a ps3 cuz i dont really play video games.



Answer
You can connect the laptop to your TV to play blu-rays in 1080p IF - and only IF - your laptop has a HDMI output port on it that is HDCP compliant. HDCP is the copy protection they use on blu-ray movies. If the HDMI port doesn't support this, you can still play blu-ray discs, but they'll be downscaled to DVD resolution and won't look quite as good on your TV.

I couldn't tell for sure if this was the case with your laptop or not just looking at Walmart's webpage. Most laptops that do have a HDMI port also support HDCP.

If the laptop has a HDMI port, just buy a standard cheap HDMI cable. It shouldn't cost you more than $5-10 in a store. Check your laptop's manual on connecting the laptop to a TV for details, like if the laptop requires a separate audio cable or not.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Advice for buying a Blu-Ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment