Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I did a system recovery on my laptop and now I have no Operating System! Help?

Q. I have a Sony Vaio VPCEA25FX E-Series Laptop.
Had Windows 7 Home Premium
Hard Drive is 500GB
2GB of RAM
ATI Premium Radeon Graphics Card
Blu-Ray Disk Player
Intel Core i3 Processor

I wanted to restore the laptop to the its fatcory default, so that I could name it and alter every setting the way i liked (Someone had owned it before me). So, I used the 3 recovery disks made special for my laptop (They were simply burned onto DVD discs by the last owner). I went through the process of wiping the Hard Drive Clean, and then I went to Full System Restore. It formats, and then begins to restore. Disc one goes to 27%, and ejects, asking for disc two. Disk two only puts it up to 28%. The third and final disk raises it to 37% (all of this over time of course) and it stays at 37% for a while before it pops up with an error message. The error code is "Error: 320". I've tried to look this up and did not find results. Right now if it is started up without a recovery disk it shows a black screen and simply says "Operating System not found".


I've asked many friends and other Computer-savvy people.

It seems to have come to this: The problem is most likely the recovery disks themselves. The laptop was working fine before I started wiping and restoring, so I don't think that is the issue.

The solution, what do I do? Is there a way to get new disks for my specific laptop? I may have the option of getting a free Windows 7 from a website from school, but are there any complications between restoring or getting a new installation of the same operatig system? I backed up a few files I wanted to keep before I started this wipe/recover.

What are your thoughts, do you have any solutions? All help is appreciated. My laptop is extremely important to me and I would very much like it to work again...

Thanks if you actually read all of this and are going to help.


Answer
You're better off with a fresh version of windows anyway. Why would you want all the bloat-ware they pre-install on a computer?

Broken CD/DVD drive on a laptop?




Kate


I was trying to burn a CD in iTunes last night when I realized something was wrong. It "burned" the CD, or at least said it did, but when I went to play it back in iTunes it was just a bunch of static. When I took the CD out and put it back in to play it on another program, it said the CD was blank. I tried using another CD and burning it on a different program, thinking maybe iTunes was the problem, and it also said the CD was finished burning and it ejected the CD. I put it back in and went to play it and again my laptop said it was blank. So I put in a regular CD that I bought from the store and my computer automatically picked that up and began to play it in iTunes. I tried putting in a DVD and my computer also recognized that. Then I tried putting in a burned DVD and a burned CD that I know work because I've watched them on my Blu-ray player and my laptop many times before. Both the burned DVD and CD kept saying they were blank. However, if I put the same CD in iTunes and tried to burn music on it, it said it wasn't blank. So basically, my CD/DVD drive is only reading actual CDs and DVDs and is not reading any burned discs at all. It won't allow me to burn any either. I tried all different brands of burned and blank CDs and DVDs and none work. The drive is updated, showing up in device manager and I uninstalled and reinstalled. So is it broken and needs to be replaced? How much would it cost to replace it? Thank you.
I've had my laptop for two years, but I know it just recently did this. I burned a CD around Christmas time and it was working fine. This is the first time I've tried to burn one since then. I thought it was a Windows Update, but the problem is that my settings got switched to automatic, so the restore point is right at that time. I can't go back any further. Would it be better for me to just buy an external one? Do they work as well and do all the same things? Burning, playing, and copying?



Answer
Normally CD/DVD writer are working very nice one year only, I think your writer may be 1 year old, So you should replace your CD/DVD writer...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I did a system recovery on my laptop and now I have no Operating System! Help?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment