Thursday, June 12, 2014

Why won't certain Netflix shows play on my Sony Blu Ray player?




SC


It's not all shows, just certain ones (Torchwood and Doctor Who, for example). I get sound, but a messed up line-y scrambled picture. Other shows & movies play perfectly. These SAME shows play perfectly on my Wii (though I only have composite cables for it right now, so the picture quality is less than optimal).

I do the updates on my Blu Ray player frequently, and it's up to date now. I tried removing the Netflix account and re-adding it, no luck. I'm using an HDMI cable between my Sony TV and the Blu Ray, and it's hard-wired to my router by ethernet, not wireless.

Any ideas? I've run out.
@PoohBearPenguin - I have FiOS with 35mbps/35mbps, so I don't think bandwidth is the problem. It still happens even when nothing else at all is using our network. I'll look into the HD/SD settings, I wasn't aware they did that. Also thought about trying a component cable just for kicks to see if that makes any difference (though I don't expect it to).



Answer
Could be an issue with netflix, I had a problem with star trek voyager, it would play on the pc but not the ps3. So I called netflix and they told me it was an issue on their own end and the fixed it.

Why does my Blu-Ray player's Netflix Instant look awful?




Sketch


I bought an RCA BRC 11082 Blu-Ray player recently, noticing that it had Netflix Instant. For some reason however, all Netflix movies play in very low resolution. I have a terrific internet connection and an HDMI cord hooked up. Netflix Instant movies looked great on my X-Box and usually played in HD. Was I wrong to assume a blu-ray player should play Netflix in HD? Did I get a lousy blu-ray player?

How can I resolve this?



Answer
You already have it resolved because you have your x_box which you said Netflix Instant looks great on.

I don't have an X-Box, but I know people that stream Netflix via their Bluray player, X-box, Wii (non-HD) and PS3.

Seeing Netflix instant on all these platforms, I can tell you the pic is not always great. If the resolution sucks, blame Netflix, not the player. Streaming video often has lowered resolution that the hardware is capable of in order to give the user improved playback (no lag, glitching).

Your Bluray player is only a lousy Bluray player if it doesn't play Blurays.

I mean, c'mon...Netflix is even streaming to phones now. Your Bluray player should be judged on its disc playback and not its Netflix streaming ability.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why won't certain Netflix shows play on my Sony Blu Ray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment