Friday, June 13, 2014

Can I do this with a Blu-Ray Disc ?




ROBO731


I am planning on writing several files to a rewritable blu-ray disc. I am wondering:

1) I want to add files to the disc almost every week (if this is not possible I can do it every couple months). How many times can I add files to the disc?

2) Can my computer write to a blu-ray Disc? It is a Dell Inspiron N7110 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The disc drive is called BD-Rom and has a Blu-ray symbol on the side.

3) Can I add MKV (matroska) files to the disc?

4) If I add MKV's to the disc will a blu-ray player and PS3 be able to read them? If not, What filetypes can a these players read?

I will probably come up with even more questions after I post this, but please answer all or as many of them as you can. Any help will be appreciated.



Answer
Blu ray disc is just a larger container for data versus say a blank DVD. You can put any kind of file on it that you want, in any format.

You can add files to a disc from time to time, but it has to be a rewriteable version of blu ray, not just a write once BD-R. I believe it's called BD-RE.

Your blu ray drive is most likely only for reading blu ray, not writing/burning. ROM is read only memory. So you'll have to buy another blu ray disc drive that can write to a disc.

Blu Ray Disc burning space needed?




Octavio


How much computer space is needed to be able to burn Blu Ray disc on a computer? I have 2 GB, is that enough? Also upgrading from Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit to the 64 bit version will it improve the image quality of anything done on the computer? For example gaming or movie watching using the windows media player.


Answer
I'm gathering that you mean you have 2GB of RAM as opposed to 2GB of hard disk space remaining. If you have 2GB of RAM, you'll be OK, if you have 2GB of hard disk space left, you are in trouble and Windows is likely yelling at you as we speak.

Now for the Blu-Ray issue. 2GB of RAM should be plenty to burn Blu-Ray disks. A 32 bit OS can only recognize 3GB of RAM anyway.

Updgrading to a 64bit OS is a personal choice. The OS may run better and be more stable (it will also recognize much more RAM if you feel like upgrading from 2GB). However, unless your applications are 64-bit, you won't see much improvement, if any, in their performance. They will still run in 32-bit mode.

If Windows Media Player is your player of choice, then using the 64-bit version in a 64-bit OS may be a good idea, but I don't think it will change the appearance or viewing experience. As long as you have enough RAM, which you do, and your PC is running a current generation processor, you should be fine.

In short, I wouldn't spend a bunch of money chasing a 64-bit OS for an unknown amount of improvement. Unless, as I said earlier, you have other applications that are optimized for 64-bit processing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I do this with a Blu-Ray Disc ?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment