Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What's the best way to hook an HDMI only blu ray player to a Component only HD tv?

blu ray player not playing blu rays
 on Pocahontas I/Pocahontas II (Blu-ray Disc, 2012, 2-Disc Set) 1 2
blu ray player not playing blu rays image



grimmtrixx


Ok so My dad's older blu ray player stopped playing blu rays, so I got him a new one since it was on sale. However, his TV is older and only does 720p (he doesnt care and cant really tell the difference), so therefore he has NO HDMI slots. New blu ray players ONLY do HDMI. So is there some kind of converter box I can buy that will let me plug an HDMI into it and then plug a component cable from that to the tv? I know its backwards BUT he isnt buying a new TV anytime soon cuz this one still works fine. I am not looking to spend top dollar, probably $40 tops (making the player and converter together cost about $120 total)

I see a lot of component to hdmi converters but not the other way around. Would those work both ways or just the hdmi to RGB way?
yea i figured it had to be hdmi to component specifically to work. Damn those are hard to find as are blu ray players that have component slots that stream netflix and hulu. :-\ The hunt continues.



Answer
It has to be HDMI to component
http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Component-Converter-Support-Surround/dp/B00B7GD44A/ref=pd_cp_e_0

What's the difference like when playing blu ray on a 720p hdtv rather than a 1080p?




hello


i have a 42" samsung 720p lcd hdtv. is it still worth getting a blu ray player?

is there a noticeable or big difference between using a 720p and 1080p when playing blu ray?



Answer
most won't tell the difference for 1080p until you get over a certain size and distance from the screen.

Most would agree that 1080p after 46" starts to be a "must have". your under that so it really depends on your player and tv set.

don't listen to the guy talking about hdmi being the only way to get HD. I use component just fine for my ps3 and other blu ray players. I don't even have a 1080p set but I prefer my "tweaked avia set" over those over blown contrast sets you get these days. It's all preference.

I run mine at 1080i and 720p.

Hdmi is by far the cheapest way to go since it's one cable and you don't have to worry about shielding as much as a component cable.

There is a difference from HD over cable/sat, Over the Air (OTA), and blu ray/ HD dvd. Watch the bit rate stream. PS3 lets you watch it as it is playing. Cable/Sat is capped and OTA is generally better if you have a good signal since it's not as compressed.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the best way to hook an HDMI only blu ray player to a Component only HD tv?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment