Friday, January 3, 2014

Should I invest in Blu-ray or wait for the next big thing?

blu ray player for xbox 360
 on Sony, Microsoft 'in talks' over Xbox 360 Blu-ray drive | Joystiq
blu ray player for xbox 360 image



Ore Jee II


Seeing as I'll be purchasing a PlayStation 4 a little after its release (after having been apart of the Xbox 360 party for a number of years and not owning a Blu-ray player), should I start investing in a Blu-ray collection?


Answer
why will you invest in blu ray player

do something big buy a 3d led tv and play your xbox 360 in 3d experince

Should I get an Blu Ray Player or a DVD UpConverter?




Rayford


I have an Xbox 360 running HDMI on a 32" 720p tv. Will a DVD Up-converter do a better job? Or should i just wait to get a Blu Ray Player? Or, on my tv, is it even worth it to get a blu ray payer?


Answer
On a 32" 720p HDTV the improvement of Blu-ray over DVD will be small. And if you are watching DVDs on a Blu-ray player it may or may not be better than a DVD on an upscaling DVD player ... it depends on the quality of the video processor chip. Many upscaling DVD players don't do a great job, but more expensive ones (say > $60) aren't bad. On the other hand cheaper Blu-ray players (say < $150) generally don't do a great job upscaling DVDs either.

So really your choice is a "better" upscaling DVD player or a "better" Blu-ray player. Since you won't get much benefit from Blu-ray disks on your current HDTV unless you plan to upgrade it in the next year or so I'd opt for a "better" upscaling DVD player. The best choice is a used OPPO player. They are now discontinued, but the DV981 (See link) was generally considered one of the best upscaling DVD players ever made, so try to find one of those used.

FYI, I watch DVDs on a Blu-ray player that does better than average DVD upscaling and display via a 1080p projector on a 110" screen. While Blu-ray disks are a bit better, in most cases DVD looks pretty darn good. So, even though I can play Blu-rays I more often than not still buy DVDs because they are usually much cheaper ... and few movies really warrant Blu-ray.

Hope that helps ... Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I invest in Blu-ray or wait for the next big thing?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment