Wednesday, January 1, 2014

is there a portable blu ray player that it compatible with multiple regions and zones and plays dvds?

blu ray player zones
 on ... and Zone-Free Blu-Ray Players | New Zealands No.1 Blu-Ray Player
blu ray player zones image
Q. I have a mix of dvds from the US and UK. I cannot play them both on my mac because I can only change the region four times. Also, I have blu rays from the US which I would like to be able to play of the dvd player as most of my favorite movies are in this format. I tried looking on amazon (.com and .co.uk) and was not all too sucessful.


Answer
Nope.

What would be the best home theater option?




TODD


I have a 1000 watt panasonic home theater blu-ray in a box. It has quit working. I had always been impressed by the sound quality. But i noticed I hardly used the unit as surround sound, because I have to open the cabinet to use it. I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY COMPARABLE UNITS TO THE ONE I HAD(as far as sound quality ), THAT ARE JUST SURROUND, BUT THE receiver is IN THE SUB. I noticed eBay has a lot of knockoffs like this(jvl, divinci junk). I was going get a surround and a blue- ray player. Or should I go with the Samsung 1000watt blu-ray in a box, for $250?


Answer
All home-theater-in-a-box systems in your price range are 100% cheap crap. Sorry, but that's the truth. They're built badly, use low quality parts, and you cannot make any speaker substitutions with them.

And, your Panasonic DIDN'T have 1000 watts, companies who make this cheap crap lie, and in a very big way, about the power. It likely had 15 watts, at best.

The only system in your price zone that I could grudgingly recommend would be the Onkyo 3500, going for $249 on Amazon. Onkyo makes so-so speakers, but at least you'd have a proper receiver as the heart of the system. Then, just add a separate disc player.

Better than that would be to get a separate 5.1 speaker system made by a company that makes good speakers, such as a Polk 6750 set from Newegg for $170, then add a solid 5.1 receiver, such as the Yamaha 373 from Amazon for $177. Again, with a disc player to add of your choice.

You give a listen to my suggestions, and you'll hear how much better those units sound than your dead Panasonic.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is there a portable blu ray player that it compatible with multiple regions and zones and plays dvds?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment