Saturday, January 4, 2014

How do I add a home theater system to my Sony BDP-S590 blu ray player without a Receiver?

blu ray player home theater
 on ... expands 3D portfolio with new Blu-ray players and home theater systems
blu ray player home theater image



bhagy


I have a Sony BDP S590 3D blu ray player and would like to add a home theater system to it without investing in another Receiver. How can I do it? Any recommendations on a reasonable system that I can buy? Let me know. Thanks!


Answer
You don't. It is not practical as evidenced by all the other answers. The only way to do it with practicality is to buy a surround preamp / processor and powered speakers but such will cost far more than a surround receiver. Unless you have some kind of receiver - phobia this is not practical. You can not just plug speakers into a blu ray or DVD player, there is no magical adapter - unless you consider a receiver an adapter. Now choose a best answer.

Connecting blu ray player to existing home theater?




Can music


I have a basic dvd home theater and I would like to connect a blu ray player to it. What would I need to do this?
Also, my home theater does NOT have the optical cable option.



Answer
Connect your Blueray player directly to your HDTV using HDMI. Connect the digital audio out from your HDTV to your older DVD surround sound system. This can be done with either and optical Toslink cable, or a coaxial digital audio cable depending upon what your TV and old surround sound system has.

Your next upgrade is a standalone receiver, and speakers :-)


EDIT: If you post the model number of you DVD home theater system, we might be able to figure out a solution. Standalone receivers are much better.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I add a home theater system to my Sony BDP-S590 blu ray player without a Receiver?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment