Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What do i need to make connect my Blu-ray player with out cable?

blu ray player that streams netflix and amazon
 on Panasonic Blu Ray Netflix Connection Problems
blu ray player that streams netflix and amazon image



Blessed Ar


My Blu-ray play has a built in Ethernet port and it comes with Netcast and Netflix unlimited streaming but the thing is my Router is in another room and i have no telephone line in my lounge.

So i need something to bridge the connection since i do not want to run an Ethernet cable all through my house in order to connect it.

What is something i can find at wal-mart that i can get?



Answer
If your router is wireless then you can simply add a bridge which will convert the ethernet port of the bluray player from hardwired to wireless so it can communicate wirelessly to the router.
Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WET54G-Wireless-G-Ethernet-Bridge/dp/B00008WMBT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1248622375&sr=8-3

I don't think Walmart carries this kind of stuff, but if you don't want to order it online I know BestBuy does.

What Blu Ray players are compatible with DVDs?




Stark


I'm wanting to purchase a Blu Ray player, but don't want to get rid of my DVDs. Is there a player that can play both formats?


Answer
All of them will.

And most of them will do the up-conversion in the player if you hook up with HDMI cables. This tends to give you a slightly better picture than if you let the HDTV do the conversion.

My advice: Go to www.bestblueraydeals.com for discounted prices from Amazon merchants.

Get your HDMI cables by searching Amazon for "Media Bridge". These run $9-$20 each

Now - there are some options with BluRay:

* Basic players
* Players with optional $90 dongles to make them wireless
* Players with wireless and apps like Netflix/Hulu
* Players that support 3D

My Panasonic has 8 apps (Netflix, etc.)

For $99 I bought a Western Digital TV Live box that has 28 apps and lets me plug in a flash drive or USB hard drive and can play most computer video files.

I suggest you get a basic BluRay player and not spend the extra for Wireless or Apps. Buy one of the dedicated "Media Servers" like the WD unit, Roku, etc. for your streaming needs. The Media Servers tend to have more options, get updated more frequently and ... let you play computer files.

Some BluRay players do have a USB jack and claim to play computer video files - but they only play a few file types if they are created in the right resolution and most of the players or televisions will NOT play from a USB hard drive. The little Media Servers do a much better job. (Some people rip their entire DVD library to a USB hard drive - then just use that rather than disks.)

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do i need to make connect my Blu-ray player with out cable?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment