Friday, December 13, 2013

Will the audio sound better if I connect my Blu-ray with digital optical audio cable to home theater receiver?

blu ray player optical audio
 on Sony BDP-S185 Blu-ray Disc Smart Player Featuring Streaming Sony BDP ...
blu ray player optical audio image
Q. My Blu-ray player is already connected to my receiver via HDMI. Will it sound better if I connect a digital optical audio cable from the Blu-ray player to the receiver or would I just be wasting money buying it since it's already connected by HDMI?


Answer
Careful here - you should get identical sound with HDMI and optical using Dolby Digital.

However - Dolby Digital is compressed. BluRay disks sometimes have un-compressed tracks called "DTS-Master" and ... another term I cannot remember. These tracks are only available using an HDMI cable.

There are some "emperors new clothes" issues with this:

* Most people do not have highly sensitive music caliber speakers so they can hear the difference between compressed and un-compressed audio tracks

* Hollywood hates to spend money so only a few premier disks have extra attention spent on the un-compressed soundtracks.

I own a Bose Solo TV Sound system and want to know how to connect it to my blu-ray player.?




Tony


My blu-ray player or my LCD TV do not have an optical digital audio connection. I had to connect the bose speaker system to my TV through my HD Receiver using the optical digital audio connection. The speaker works great with my TV's audio but the downside is I can't get the audio from the blu-ray player to come through the bose speakers. Would this work if I connect the blu-ray to the speakers using the analog audio connections or a coax connection? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!


Answer
You need a coaxial to optical converter,




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will the audio sound better if I connect my Blu-ray with digital optical audio cable to home theater receiver?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment