Monday, January 27, 2014

Can I connect my laptop to a bluray player?

blu ray player old tv
 on ... 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player - DMP-BDT230 For The Money | Best 3D TV 2013
blu ray player old tv image



KISSLady


I have an older tv (not a flat screen or lcd or whatever, just a regular old Toshiba 27 inch). I subscribed to Netflix on my laptop (because I can't get it on my tv). I also downloaded Hola Unblocker so I could get American Netflix because it's way better then the Canadian version. If I buy a blu ray player can I hook my laptop up to that, which would be connected to my tv in order to watch Netflix on my tv? What about plugging in a usb flash drive to the blu ray to watch stuff that way. Cancelled my cable, way too expensive.


Answer
It would depend entirely on the Blu-Ray player you purchase. Though you may still have a problem if your TV doesn't have an HDMI port. Blu-Ray players don't use the older style connectors, because the whole purpose of them is the play high-def video, which older style connectors can't support.

Frankly, though, it would be a lot easier to just buy an internet-enabled Blu-Ray player and skip connecting it to the laptop.

Alternatively, you could get an internet-enabled set-top box, like a Roku (which are a lot cheaper than Blu-Ray players) and watch Netflix through that instead.

How do I connect a smart blu ray player to an analog TV?




Rosana


Today I was given a smart blu ray player (Sony BDPS1100). Lovely thing. Blu ray playing, Lovefilm, BBC iPlayer, Netflix and what not.

How do I connect that little wonder to my aged JVC TV?

These are the connections available:

http://s24.postimg.org/t0p8hyztx/conundrum.jpg

How do I connect the box with its HDMI or single digital coaxial out put (PCM/ DTS/Dolby Digital it says) to something my old TV can understand?

What equipment do I need, save the obvious upgrade of the TV?



Answer
The converter in the other answer is a good option if your old TV has a composite input (yellow-red-white, a.k.a. "AV"). If it only has the coaxial antenna connector, you would need both that converter plus an RF modulator (link below).

That's pretty cumbersome, so my choice would be so invest the same money toward a modern 1080p TV. That's really what you should have with Blu-ray.
- - - - -
Followup: FYI, the product in my reference is for the U.S. and Canada. Not sure of your location.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I connect my laptop to a bluray player?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment