Saturday, February 1, 2014

If I'm on a budget would buying a blu-ray player with a 720p res. instead of a 1080p make a big diff.?




Jacob Sant


I was wondering because I saw a deal with a 720p TV with a blu-ray entertainment system


Answer
Blu-ray players are all 1080p output (native for Blu-ray disks), but can output at lower resolutions too.

Most people sit too far back from their HDTVs, so they get little or no benefit from 1080p (in other words the same size 720p HDTV would look the same, resolutionwise. Soooo .... unless you buy a very large (46"+) HDTV and/or plan to watch the 720p HDTV close up, or there is a faulty scaler in either the TV or the Blu-ray player (To get 720p either the TV or the player has to "scale" the native Blu-ray 1080p to 720p) you are unlikely to notice any significant difference. And even if there was one, you wouldn't have any way to compare.

Furthermore keep in mind there is more to image quality than resolution. In fact resolution is the 4th most important atribute afater contrast, color accuracy and color saturation.

Should I buy a Blu-Ray player?




Nick


I bought a flat screen on Black Friday that I just recently found out has HD. I was thinking it would be pretty sweet to watch "Wanted" or "Step Brothers" in true HD quality, but is Blu-Ray on it's way out?
-Nick



Answer
Blu-Ray is definitely worth it! Go into Best Buy and take a look at one that is playing, but I warn you you will probably end up buying one like I did! I went in for some 9 volt batteries and left with a Sony! Of course keep in mind, BB probably has it running on a 1080p hdtv so depending on the size and resolution of your tv, it may not be as sharp, but its awesome.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: If I'm on a budget would buying a blu-ray player with a 720p res. instead of a 1080p make a big diff.?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment