Wednesday, January 29, 2014

what's the difference between Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio?

blu ray player volume low
 on Have Uk Panasonic Blue Ray Dvd Sa-bt230 | Panasonic DMP-BD10 Support
blu ray player volume low image



Paloma Eva


i've got harry potter and the half blood prince on blu ray, and the audio is dolby true hd, it's okay, but when somebody speaks, it's too low, and even if you turn up the volume, it doesn't make a difference! but the harry potter and the deathly hallows part 1 on blu ray has DTS-HD Master Audio! but is there any difference?


Answer
Dolby True HD and DTS-HD are BOTH Lossless codecs, so at the end, BOTH should provide identical bit streams.

You need HDMI from the BD player to the AV receiver to even be able to use either of them, and of course your receiver needs to support them.

Can I have some help and advice to buy a DVD player?




CJ100


At the moment I'm playing my DVDs on my Playstation 2 on my 32" LCD HD. And I was planning on buying a normal DVD player. So will there be any difference between the quality of the DVD player and my Playstation 2?

What do you think I should do, keep using my Playstation 2 or buy a new DVD player?



Answer
Actually PS2's have some of the worst video processing for DVD's that I've ever seen (http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_1/dvd-benchmark-sony-ps2-dvd-player-3-2001.html)
and makes all DVD's look as if they were recorded at lower resolution. Do yourself a favor and if your TV is equipped with HDMI inputs, buy an upconverting DVD player for under $100, you won't be disappointed in the difference. Or if you're looking to get into the whole HD-DVD/Blu-Ray thing, you can find HD-DVD players on the market for $200 or less (I just found a first generation top of the line Toshiba HD-DVD player at a pawn shop for $199!) and they'll play all your standard DVD's as well as the newer HD disc format (based on whichever type of player you choose.)

At any rate, you're wasting your time using your PS2 as a DVD player, it's universally agreed to be one of the worst all around DVD players in the industry!

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what's the difference between Dolby True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment