Saturday, February 1, 2014

Are DVD's going out of style now that Blu-Ray is around?




Sally Cat


I went to ebay to sell some of my old DVD's now that I have Blu-Ray and plan to upgrade some of them. However, I see DVD's as good as Spiderman and Inception selling for as low as $1 on ebay! For $1 I might as well just give it to a friend of mine lol.

So I'm going to assume DVD's are going downhill big time? If so, why are the retail prices still high for DVD's? I work at Kmart and someone purchased a DVD movie for $25.



Answer
Yes, DVDs are becoming the way of the past. Based upon how quickly the U.S. switched from cassette to CD, and from VHS to DVD, Blu-ray should become the primary media of home theater by about 2018. People don't think about it, but DVD's are already on their way out. When you walk into a retail store the shelf space that used to be entirely DVD movies and DVD players, is now being slower replaced by Blu-ray discs and players.

Also, not all movies have been re-released on Blu-ray yet, as as such the retail stores still charge premium pricing on these rather than the lower pricing that we generally see when both the Blu-ray and DVD versions are readily available.

Do people line up for KMART Thanksgiving Day sale that starts at 7am?




tweetys_01


I am wanting to get the Sony Blu Ray DVD player that is on sale for $180 and I was wondering if people wait outside for the store to open on Thanksgiving Day like on Black Friday. If they do what time should I get there? Thanks in advance.


Answer
You better believe it! I like to go to the day after Thanksgiving sales too. A group of us ladies gets up at 4:30 a.m. and goes to another ladies house for coffee and rolls and we look thru the ads and schedule where we will go when depending on when different stores open and we have a large vehicle we fill up a couple of times and have to have one ladies husband come and unload it and take it home so we can keep shopping without having to return home. We spend about 16 or 17 hours on the road between our town and several towns close to us.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are DVD's going out of style now that Blu-Ray is around?
Rating: 100% based on 998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment